Table heading rows to next page(s)?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
NisusUser

Table heading rows to next page(s)?

Post by NisusUser »

Hi, all, and Happy New Year,

I'm been slow to the 3.x bandwagon, and just bought it and installed it. I need to make a multi-page table, and I'd like the heading row to repeat on each next page. The table I have now starts below half way down page one and goes all the way to page 7 of the document. I may change the font sizes later so it would stretch over few pages.

Is there a way to do this in Nisus Writer Pro 3.0.1?

I was thinking there was at least a kludge in v. 2.x, whereby one could split the table once he knows where he wants it to break and flow to the next page. Now I can't even find that (maybe it never was there).

Thanks!
Eric

Edit: I found this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5695. It says basically that 2.0.7 could not do what I want. I doubt 3.0 can either.

A similar issue was raised here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6122&p=27783&hilit ... ble#p27783. It also yielded a feature request.

I looked at the release notes for 3.0 (searching for "table"), but it doesn't look as if the things requested in the above posts have been implemented. I hope I'm wrong. Link: https://nisus.com/pro/releasenotes/releasenotes300.php
NisusUser

Re: Table heading rows to next page(s)?

Post by NisusUser »

What I found I could do is this:

Once the layout was as needed and I didn't foresee any text moving, I copied the row that had the headings in it. (It was not designated a heading row, if that's possible.)

Then I just placed the cursor in the leftmost cell of the first row of the table on page 2 and did Cmd-V to paste it in. To my surprise it did not make a mess of that cell, but rather pasted in a full row with the heading info. I did that on all the pages to which the table had been split and it looks OK.

Now I just need to make sure I don't change any text above the table …