open Nisus RTF in Indesign

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
msebban

open Nisus RTF in Indesign

Post by msebban »

Since last version of Indesign 2019 i can't import a rtf documents made with NWP to indesign,as i can import a /doc
Indesign support say it not come from they side
any advice or else here???
Of course i can't convert rtf to .doc and import the.doc to indesign but i'm losing features of my doc
Thank's for support
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: open Nisus RTF in Indesign

Post by martin »

I'm sorry you're having trouble importing RTF from Nisus Writer into InDesign. When you try to import the RTF is there an error message of any kind? Did the InDesign support staff give you any technical reason for the failure? We'd love to get this working properly for you, even if we need to change Nisus Writer, we just need to know why it's not working.
msebban

Post by msebban »

when i import a nisus rtf file, the document is not opening without error message.
The support of Indesign said maybe i have to downgrade to a past version of Indesign but i guess it must have a reason
thank's
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

InDesign still supports RTF import, correct? So their suggestion for you to downgrade doesn't seem like a real solution, just a way to maybe workaround issues in newer versions of InDesign. It's a pity they aren't more helpful in pinpointing the problem.

A quick question: what happens if you create and try to import a very simple Nisus Writer document? Perhaps just a single line of text without any formatting. Does that import properly?
msebban

Post by msebban »

i tried with a simple file, no result
see the screenshot recording
https://cl.ly/a4f2552760b5
normally the file must be opened in indesign
if you can investigate more
Thank's
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thank you for trying that simple test, and for posting a video. It's strange that InDesign seems to recognize the RTF (in order to show you potential styles conflicts etc) but then fails to insert any text.

I'd like to continue working on this problem with you, in the hopes that we can isolate the cause of the failure. Can you please email me privately at the address below? I'd like to send you some test documents and have you see whether or not InDesign accepts them. Thanks for your help!

msebban

Post by msebban »

email sent
Thank's
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Nisus Writer Pro 3.0.2 improves compatibility with InDesign. You can now export Nisus Writer documents using a new file format called "Rich Text Format (limited features)", which you'll see listed when you use the Export As menu command. This new format excludes certain extended information from the file that InDesign seems to have trouble processing, but retains the core content and formatting.