endnotes footnotes

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Yohanan

endnotes footnotes

Post by Yohanan »

Hi, I have an old Word file that, when converted into rtf and read in NW Pro changes all the footnotes for a table into endnotes. This makes the reference note in the text of the TABLE not showing up. Does anyone knows about the possibility (or not) to revert these notes to footnotes. I understand from what Martin wrote to me, that endnotes references do not appear in a table in NWP, but my main interest is to keep them as footnotes for this table.
Thanks in advance for any hint.
Yohanan
Yohanan

Re: endnotes footnotes

Post by Yohanan »

I converted the Table into text and was able to cut and paste the little numbers of notes to their place in the text. The precedent questions remains however. Is this a problem with tables even with footnotes ? which would demand a little of amelioration for the NWP I would say.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: endnotes footnotes

Post by martin »

It's true that Nisus Writer has a limitation that prevents footnotes and endnotes from appearing inside table cells. If you open such a file the footnotes and endnotes will be placed just after their table. I'm sorry for the trouble.

As for your other question: it is easy to convert all footnotes to endnotes (and vice versa). Here's what you should do:

1. Place the selection inside any footnote.
2. Use the command Select All to select the entire footnote.
3. Use the command Select All again to expand the selection to all footnotes in the document.
4. Use the menu Format > Note Style > Endnote to convert all selected footnotes.

All footnotes will now appear as endnotes.