changing font size in non-roman script

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
steveg76

changing font size in non-roman script

Post by steveg76 »

I'm specifically using Devanāgarī, the script most used to write Sanskrit. I want to be able to write it larger or smaller than the size that appears when I start keying it in. I don't see anything in the palette that would allow me to make the characters very large for a heading.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: changing font size in non-roman script

Post by martin »

I'm sorry you're having trouble Steve. In general you can change the font size of your text using a variety of tools. You can use the main menu Format > Size, but it's normally much more convenient to work through the Character palette. You can see the font size listed in the palette like this:

char.png
char.png (43.06 KiB) Viewed 3902 times

If you're having trouble finding that palette, you may need to switch the active palette group, or add the palette to your palette dock. By default the palette is included, but perhaps it was accidentally removed? You can add it back using the command Customize Palette Dock. Please let us know if you're still having trouble.

Once you know how to edit the font size, you can specialize your workflow for Devanāgarī in a variety of ways. Perhaps it would be beneficial to add a character style to control the appearance of Devanāgarī text. Or perhaps you can customize your language settings for Devanāgarī. You can have Nisus Writer automatically change the font and size when you switch to using the Devanāgarī language. That's all up to you, to work in whichever way is most convenient.