View two docs at once?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
soliphint

View two docs at once?

Post by soliphint »

In WordPerfect, I used to be able to have two documents open, viewed, and "usable" at once (side by side, or top/bottom). Is this possible in NWP?
Lanx

Post by Lanx »

With the commands in the window menu, you can swap the two frontmost windows or switch through all of your open windows back and forth. But there is no command to resize your windows and place them side by side. You have to do it yourself by hand. And maybe it is possible to make a macro.
Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus

Post by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus »

Also, keep in mind that Mac OS itself provides a very useful trick to manipulate object that are NOT in the frontmost window. It is called click-though. You hold down the Command key and click, for example, the up and down arrows of a window. You can also Command-click and drag to move the scrollers, resize, or reposition background windows.
PowerPC; Mac OS 10.5.8; NWP 1.4
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus wrote:Also, keep in mind that Mac OS itself provides a very useful trick to manipulate object that are NOT in the frontmost window. It is called click-though. You hold down the Command key and click, for example, the up and down arrows of a window. You can also Command-click and drag to move the scrollers, resize, or reposition background windows.
Thanks, I did not know that. Glad I have learned something new. :)
Peter Edwardsson