go to page

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Bossart

go to page

Post by Bossart »

Can anyone tell me how to do this? All wordprocessors I’ve used over 25 or so years do it very simply. I’ve tried etc. but I can’t read the whole manual since I am in the middle of a book. TIA.
WHB
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

To my surprise, it isn't there and I can't see a work-around for it EXCEPT if you have headings/sub-headings in your document, you can mark them to be included in the Table of Contents (that's really easy if you have Paragraph Styles for the heads; you can include ToC inclusion as part of the Styles).

You can then work with the Navigator open, the ToC is listed there, and you can go straight to a ToC head in the document just by clicking on the head in the Navigator.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Bossart

Post by Bossart »

I appreciate the one response but don’t yet have my ms. in header/subheader form. Nisus suggested that I try using bookmarks. This is a help but not a real substitute for gtp.
WHB
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

I write very long texts, up to 1 million signs, but I never missed the “go to page” feature, strangely enough, because the count at the bottom left of the Nisus screen allows me to scroll easily, quickly and quite precisely without going to the bother of calling on a menu. A non-scientific way of doing things, probably, :wink: but it works very efficiently.

And if you want to find specific places, why not use cross references of bookmarks, depending on the need?
Anne