nwp 1.03 quits after pasting arabic

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
hajj ali

nwp 1.03 quits after pasting arabic

Post by hajj ali »

hi. I just bought the NWPro 1.0.3 to mainly use in Arabic. I was disappointed to see that it quits, or becomes nonrespondent (I have to force quit it) after I paste text in Arabic from another NWPro file or internet for example.
I have been using NW Classic all this time. I am using MacOS 10.4.10 iMAC 500 Mhz PPC.
H Ali
Hamid

plist file

Post by Hamid »

This may be caused by a corrupt plist file, especially if you used an old version of NWE on the same machine.
Quit NWP if it is running and then drag the file 'com.nisus.NisusWriter.plist' on to the Desktop from Users/you/Library/Preferences. This will result in loss of some of your NWP Preferences, but will cure the problem if it is caused by a corrupt plist file. Re-launch NWP and try Paste again; if style is not important, use Command-Shift-V instead of Command-v when you do paste.
MacSailor

Re: nwp 1.03 quits after pasting arabic

Post by MacSailor »

hajj ali wrote:hi. I just bought the NWPro 1.0.3 to mainly use in Arabic. I was disappointed to see that it quits, or becomes nonrespondent (I have to force quit it) after I paste text in Arabic from another NWPro file or internet for example.
I have been using NW Classic all this time. I am using MacOS 10.4.10 iMAC 500 Mhz PPC.
H Ali
Strange behaviour indeed. I copied an Arabic text from the web and pasted it into NWP 1.0.3 and it neither quits nor becomes non respondent. Maybe something installed within your computer that interfere with NWP?
Peter Edwardsson
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

After NWP has quit, please restart it and submit a report using the menu Help > Send Feedback. It would be great if you could include the Arabic that triggers the issue as well.