Styles got a will of their own

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Agnostus

Styles got a will of their own

Post by Agnostus »

Hi!

Just stumbled into a minor problem with styles. I have a style, let's call it Style2 that is based on another style, say Style1; Style1 has the attribute "italic", but Style2 is not supposed to have that attribute. So I remove it (set it to "unitalic" in the Stylesheet view. The trouble is, that it somehow is not possible to achieve this permanently. Every time I close the document and later reopen it, Style2 has the "italic" attribute again (or rather lost the "unitalic" attrribute). Anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong with style inheritance?

Cheers,
Martin
shades

Re: Styles got a will of their own

Post by shades »

Howdy. Maybe the dependency needs to be in the opposite direction, since Italic is a dependent style on Roman, not the other way around.

Just a guess from an old codger, and probably wrong. :lol:
MBP 2.4 GHz, OS X 10.5.6
NWP 1.2, Mellel 2.6, iWork 08
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

I could not reproduce this. I created two styles based on Normal, both + Italics, named Normal 1 and Normal 2. One was created via stylesheet, the other via menu Insert > New Style > Based on Selection. I then saved the file, quit the application and reopened. The styles were still there with their italicized attribute.
How did you exactly create the new style?

Cheers, Henry.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I also tried to reproduce this a few different ways without success. Could you send us the problem document and indicate which style is losing the "unitalic" attribute?
Agnostus

Post by Agnostus »

Hi all!

Thanks for your help. I have just the sent the 'style-stubborn' document to Nisus via the 'send feedback' option.

Cheers,
Martin
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks for sending in your document- we're taking a look at the problem.