I give up

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
torspo

I give up

Post by torspo »

The latest version of Nisus pro was released a year ago! There is so much improvements that this program needs,
that with such a slow update cycle, I have to say, I give up. You guys need to get professional with the development or
Nisus will fade into obscurity.

I will go back using Microsoft Word.
gardenjim

Re: I give up

Post by gardenjim »

Yes, go back to Microsoft Word. And after you've worked with it for awhile, see if you can get MS tech support (for which you'll pay) to tell you why, when you reopen a file, the cursor doesn't go back to where you left it. Or why you can't lock the horizontal scroll bar so that the text doesn't keep sliding off the page to the left. Or why, when you bring that text back, blocks of text disappear until you refresh by scrolling that text off the page, up or down, then bring it back to where you want to work. Or why word count for selected text only works when you select the text bottom to top, and not top to bottom. Or why font rendering is all over the map. Or why Word puts a number in your text whenever you insert a comment (NWP creates and removes a comment with one click, and lets you know where there's a comment by highlighting text).

To keep myself current on WP software, I edited 60,000 words of a large book in MS Word 2011, and another 60,000 words of the same book in NWP. No comparison. NWP let's me work way faster and in a more stable environment. Is it perfect? No: I'd still love to have a horizontal split-window command; I'd love to be able to select a sentence with a fast command-click instead of four clicks; and I'd like to be able to select the last font color I used with one click. But even without these features (which MS Word has), NWP wins. I've started working on the next 60,000 words in NWP, and can't imaging going back to Word 2011 any time soon.

You want a new version. But with what new features?

Jim M
ptram

Post by ptram »

Well, MS has just released a "Service Pack" for Office 2011. This means, a rewriting of a software that came out half-baked. You cannot deny that, if what you want are updates, they do release them :-)

Paolo
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

gardenjim wrote:I'd love to be able to select a sentence with a fast command-click instead of four clicks; and I'd like to be able to select the last font color I used with one click.
Hey ho, Jimbo

Didn't someone write a very simple macro to do this? I wonder about the last font color too. Surely that could be macro-ized. And, of course, once you have a macro you can attach keyboard short cut to it for instant action with minimal effort.

cheers, geoff
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Wait a minute -- there's a select sentence menu item. Surely just giving it a short cut would do the trick for you?

cheers, geoff
gardenjim

Post by gardenjim »

Thanks, Goeff. That's two more problems solved with Nisus.

Jim
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Hello, Jim.

I can simulate triple click with my Logitech bluetooth mouse. I guess you can do the same with a number of mice, including Apple’s.

Henry.