Feature Request

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
mprazoff

Feature Request

Post by mprazoff »

Wonder, seeing as Nisus Writer Pro uses the TextEdit engine, if you can add the option to "Correct Spelling Automatically" for Lion users? Although Nisus Writer does offer a number of options for spelling correction and word completion, I do find this Lion feature does improve the accuracy of my typing with no effort on my behalf. Enjoying Nisus Writer Pro and its ability to be easily customized.

Regards,
Mark
dshan

Re: Feature Request

Post by dshan »

While I generally agree that more Lion features should be added to NWP at the earliest opportunity (e.g. new document model, please!), automatic spelling correction would have to be an exception. It really isn't very useful, in fact it's irritating in the extreme and I switched it off soon after upgrading to Lion. It's one feature that doesn't make the leap from iOS to OS X well, it's great to have in iOS but a royal pain in OS X. In fact, you are the first Lion user I've ever heard of that likes it! (One of the most popular post-Lion items at most Apple-centric web sites and blogs has been instructions for switching off automatic spelling correction.)

That said, I'm sure we'll get it in Nisus in due course. I wouldn't mind though if it took as long as the vertical ruler to appear...