Bug? - Footnote reference continuous / per page

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
stevenrowat

Bug? - Footnote reference continuous / per page

Post by stevenrowat »

Hi,
I'm having a strange recurrent problem with a document:

The footnote reference numbers, in the document text, sometimes show up as 'continuous', even though the footnotes themselves are correctly numbered 'per page'. ("Per Page" is indeed selected in the Footnote Style.)

An example: late in the document, I might have single footnote on page 246, and it should be numbered '1' (because I'm using per page), but in the text the number will be '27' (because there are 26 earlier footnotes in the document). The footnote at the bottom of the page however will be correctly numbered '1'. In other words, the text reference is using 'continuous' and the footnote is using 'per page', which is bizarre.

This bug is unstable, and if I force Nisus to re-apply the numbering by cutting out any footnote and re-pasting it in, then all the numbers in the document are changed and made correct, per page both in text and in the FN itself.

But it catches me again; sometimes after I close and open the document (and possibly for other reasons) the in-text references will be back to 'continuous'. Or, sometimes I see it like this when I re-open the document, but then after about two seconds they all change back to 'per page'. Only sometimes they don't.

Is there a setting I'm missing about this? Or is it more likely a corrupted file? Or....?

s.r.

Mac 10.6.8
Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.1
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Bug? - Footnote reference continuous / per page

Post by martin »

This sounds like a bug, and not anything like a misapplied setting or corrupted file. We'd be interested in seeing your document, so we can try and reproduce the errant numbering. Would you be able to send it to me privately? Thanks!