Floating Images exported to HTML are not included in code?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
stevenrowat

Floating Images exported to HTML are not included in code?

Post by stevenrowat »

Hi,
I'm using NWP 2.0.1.
When I export from RTF to HTML, images in the resulting HTML page show up in the HTML code when they are inline, but when they are paragraph or page (floating) in the original RTF they don't get included. Instead there is a visible text line (visible in the browser) that says: "[Floating image ...]" with the name of the image file.

I'll also note that in the latter, bug failure case, the image in fact does get exported to a folder beside the html page, as expected. But it has no reference.

Should I expect floating images to show up correctly positioned via the HTML/CSS code? Or is this beyond Nisus capabilities? In which case I should set them all inline, and then adjust the code myself in the HTML/CSS to position them?

If the latter, sad, because I did all that positioning already in the RTF file. Now I have to do it over. But at least I'll know what's going on.

Anybody?

Thanks

Steven Rowat
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Floating Images exported to HTML are not included in cod

Post by martin »

stevenrowat wrote:I'm using NWP 2.0.1.
When I export from RTF to HTML, images in the resulting HTML page show up in the HTML code when they are inline, but when they are paragraph or page (floating) in the original RTF they don't get included. Instead there is a visible text line (visible in the browser) that says: "[Floating image ...]" with the name of the image file.

I'll also note that in the latter, bug failure case, the image in fact does get exported to a folder beside the html page, as expected. But it has no reference.
This was a bad behavior that was corrected. As of NWP 2.0.3 (or later) any floating images are exported to HTML or ePub as inline images.
Should I expect floating images to show up correctly positioned via the HTML/CSS code? Or is this beyond Nisus capabilities? In which case I should set them all inline, and then adjust the code myself in the HTML/CSS to position them?
With the adjusted behavior any floating images will exported as inline, so unfortunately they won't be positioned correctly and you'd have to manually adjust their position after export.

Positioning floating images in HTML might be possible, so long as they are set to float relative to the paragraph. I'll file an enhancement request. However there's no real concept of a "page" in HTML, so there'd be no reliable way to position those kinds of images.