BE font

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
soliphint

BE font

Post by soliphint »

I asked Bookends about this and they said it's probably a style sheet issue.

I was wondering how to make the BE inserted, scanned references the same font as the rest of the footnote in NWP? I have scanned with (in BE) Prefs, Scan & Bib, "Bibliographies and Custom Citations-Default font overrides..." checked in BE, and with it unchecked. In each case the full refs scan to a different font than the rest of the footnote. The footnote itself works fine; it is set to Based on Default Paragraph, which is set to the font I use in my footnote (Verdana, 14). But the footnotes can to Times New Roman, 14.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: BE font

Post by martin »

Before you did the scan in Bookends, was the citation's font properly matched with the rest of your footnote? If so that does not sound like a stylesheet issue. Any font or style changes that occur during the Bookend's scan are likely issues in how the document is scanned and processed by Bookends.

If you have an example file that exhibits the issue, we could take a look and see where the problem lies.
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

Thank you.

In case I can't resolve this in time, can you tell me if it is possible, using FInd/Replace, to Find all Times New Roman, 14 pt. fonts and change them to Verdana 14 pt? It has to be 14 pt, because there are Times New Roman 12 pt footnotes that can't be tampered with.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

The easiest way to find all text in a particular style is to use the "Select All" command of our font tag. Just do the following:

1. Select any bit of text that has the undesired formatting, eg: Times 14 point.
2. Click the font tag icon (a little black underlined "a") in the lower-right corner of the document window:
tag.png
tag.png (20.24 KiB) Viewed 6374 times
3. From the font tag's menu choose the "Select All" command.
4. Now that you have all the improperly formatted text selected, you can manipulate it en masse using all the usual formatting tools (eg: menus, palettes, etc).

I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

The font tag is generally my preferred solution as well.

But there is one little problem. The "font" includes not just size and font-face, but also things such as Italic, Bold, etc. So depending on the situation you may not get all the things you want. Another option are the Kino "Select-by" macros in the repository, but you can also use Find/Replace (with a bit of care).
philip