capitalization question

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
nisusnew

capitalization question

Post by nisusnew »

Hi,

Is it possible to either have Nisus autocorrect or have it run a search to replace capitalized words in the middle of sentences that aren't names, and have it capitalize words that are at the beginning of sentences?

I'm using Dragon Dictate (yup, I know, but I don't have a choice) and it messes up the capitalization quite a bit so that it will capitalize random words in the middle of a sentence but not capitalize words at the beginning of a sentence.

In Nisus preferences, I turned on the feature to capitalize words at the beginning of a sentence but it doesn't seem to be catching all of the first words, I think maybe because a lot of my sentences follow a previous sentence that ends in ".)". (Which is what I use for record citations.)

Thanks. Any advice much appreciated.
Janice
phspaelti

Re: capitalization question

Post by phspaelti »

The short answer to your question is: 'No'.
The general problem is a linguistic one. As you say, you only want to un-capitalze words that "aren't names." How are we supposed to know that? What you can do is use the find dialog to make going through offending cases a little easier. This is however tricky business, so you'll have to experiment. I'm a big Find/Replace user, but I generally solve this particular problem by visual inspection :)
philip
nisusnew

Post by nisusnew »

Ah, okay, I'll keep messing with it then, Philip, thanks. :)
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Hello, Janice.

As for words that follow ".)", you can use this search/replace pattern:

Find what: (?<=\.\) ).
Replace with: \T{uppercase:\0}

Open Find and Replace and select PowerFind Pro from the Using drop-down. Please note that there’s a space between the two closing parens.
Also you can create a macro out of it. Click on the Gear menu and select Macroize…, then select Replace All and save.

Greetings, Henry.
nisusnew

Post by nisusnew »

Okay thanks, Henry, I'll try it and post back! :)