Mavericks

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
dshan

Mavericks

Post by dshan »

This topic is just a stub for the first person who asks "Will NWP 2.0.4 support OS X Mavericks?", "When will Nisus support Mavericks?", etc. It's been over 36 hrs already, surely someone will soon...

I thought I'd save you having to start your own thread. :)
soulbarn

Re: Mavericks

Post by soulbarn »

I've got no expectations that anything should work with Mavericks at this early juncture, but definitely having issues with Nisus. It seemed to work fine at first, but now it hangs a few moments after opening and I have to force quit. Standard troubleshooting—restarts, reinstalls, cache clearing, etc.—don't help. If any of the Nisus debs are interested, let me know and I can send the logs.
ptram

Post by ptram »

Soulbarn, try with the Help > Send Feedback command in Nisus. This should automatically collect your log.
NWP has always been working flawlessly with me, so I'm confident you can get around this issue.

Paolo
drlaz

Post by drlaz »

:( For me, Nisus hangs on start-up, spinning beach ball, although one old document is visible. Force Quit. I wonder if it is having trouble reopening previous documents? Preview reported a number of (spurious) permissions errors first time I rebooted after upgrading to 10.9 seed.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

If there do end up being any problems with running NWP on the final release of OS X 10.9 we'll definitely put out an update to get it solved.
soulbarn

Post by soulbarn »

Yeah, Nisus really doesn't run on Mavericks at all for me. It crashes or hangs constantly, usually on startup, sometimes a little after. Not unexpected, but it does make RTF editing on my test machine a little bit of a hassle. (Ironically, MS Word also crashes on Mavericks. Pages is the only stable word processor I've got...coincidence?)

:)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

If you really need to get NWP 2.0.4 running on the unreleased unfinished builds of 10.9 you can do it. The problem is actually caused by our LibreOffice-based DOC/DOCX file importer. If you disable that from loading when NWP launches, you should avoid the crash/hang.

You can turn off the automatic background loading of the importer in NWP's Advanced preferences, if you can get to them before the hang occurs. If you can't then you'll have to edit NWP's preferences file manually, copy a preferences file from another machine, or delete the LibreOffice importer folder located inside NWP's app bundle.