Nisus files on iPad / iOS

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
rasna74

Nisus files on iPad / iOS

Post by rasna74 »

Hi, I've downloaded both the Express and Pro versions. I think that Nisus is the best word processor I've ever tried, however I'm not sure if buying it for some compatibility issues I'm coming across.
I'm saving my files (both in .rtf and .doc formats) in a Dropbox folder synced to various iPad apps I'm trying but:

- Textilus (which appears to be the best one) and OfficeSuite Pro won't keep the styles (fonts, etc.);
- KS Office won't open the .rtf files at all; it will open the .doc ones but as text (code) only;
- Office2 HD will open both correctly (styles included) but won't let me edit them;
- Dropbox app will let me view them correctly (styles included).

I've tried to change format (.rtf, .doc.), then ASCII, UTF-8, UTF-16 (for both formats) but I always get the same results.
Maybe some of you want to share his experience?
It would also be nice to view footnotes as I use them for certain works.
Thanks!
Flavio
rasna74

Re: Nisus files on iPad / iOS

Post by rasna74 »

Well, no answers! :)
In the meantime Textilus added footnotes support (I hope they'll improve it).
I've also contacted Textilus support and it seems that the problem in displaying the correct fonts is the /falt tag used by Nisus. They'll try to fix it, in the meantime they suggest to open Nisus files with Textedit (which strips away the tag) and save them to Textilus.
I hope that other Nisus users will share their experience on mobile (iOS and Android).
Cheers!
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

rasna74 wrote:Well, no answers! :)
In the meantime Textilus added footnotes support (I hope they'll improve it).
I've also contacted Textilus support and it seems that the problem in displaying the correct fonts is the /falt tag used by Nisus. They'll try to fix it, in the meantime they suggest to open Nisus files with Textedit (which strips away the tag) and save them to Textilus.
I hope that other Nisus users will share their experience on mobile (iOS and Android).
Cheers!
Thanks for letting us know about Textilus.
Peter Edwardsson
Nick_Mullins

Post by Nick_Mullins »

I use Textilus on my iPad. In terms of fonts, the iPad has a very limited list, so being familiar with that list helps with font issues. I use Avenir now because of this. But Textilus doesn't maintain page breaks and it doesn't handle indented lists well. These days, I use Textilus to type up a first draft of a document. Then I use Dropbox to bring that file into Nisus on my laptop where I revise it and add formatting. In other words, I just ignore formatting when I'm on my iPad. If I need to present a document on my iPad (which is what I use my iPad for at work), I convert that document to a pdf. That way the layout is consistent.