Changing various fonts & font sizes to one in a doc

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
laurascholes

Changing various fonts & font sizes to one in a doc

Post by laurascholes »

Hi there,
In the older versions of Nisus/Pro, when I hit "select all" in a doc that had various fonts and/or font sizes, I could standardize everything to one font and font size. In the latest release, I have to select sections and change them individually to create a single font/font size for a doc. Is this just part of the new release? Or maybe a glitch on my end? Appreciate any feedback!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Changing various fonts & font sizes to one in a doc

Post by martin »

I wonder if you're not being confused by a change we made with how the palette steppers (up/down arrows) work. They now adjust all selected values individually, whether it's font size, paragraph spacing, etc.

For example, suppose you had selected a piece of text with two font sizes, one word of size 12pt, and another with a size of 20pt. If you click the up arrow once, you'd wind up with font sizes 13pt and 21pt respectively, not a uniform font size of 13pt.

If you want to enforce a consistent value across all selected text, you can do any one of the following:
1. Hold down the Command key when clicking the up/down arrows.
2. Change the font size by clicking into the text field and typing in a new font size using the keyboard.
3. Enforce the first selected existing font size uniformly by clicking into the text field and pressing the Enter (or Return) key.

I hope this is clear. Please let us know if you have any questions or this does not explain the behavior you observe.
laurascholes

Post by laurascholes »

Thank you so much! The "command" trick is what I wasn't aware of in this version. I'm totally set now. Thank you again!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Wonderful, I'm glad that did the trick! We're very happy to have helped.
lindas2013

Post by lindas2013 »

Just wanted to add that I found this post and answer VERY helpful!!

I couldn't find a "like" button!

THANKS! :D