Questions about Tables (2.0.7)

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
NisusUser

Questions about Tables (2.0.7)

Post by NisusUser »

Is there a way to select table columns? In Word for Windows I could click at the top of a column and select the entire column and then drag left or right to select more. Is there anything similar in NWP? I checked the PDF manual for "column selection" and "select columns" and came up with nothing. Thanks.
NisusUser

Re: Questions about Tables (2.0.7)

Post by NisusUser »

I found it! Shift-Cmd-A.
NisusUser

Post by NisusUser »

For a multi-page table, is there a way to assign headers to a table so those headers will repeat at the top of the subsequent page(s)?
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

NisusUser wrote:For a multi-page table, is there a way to assign headers to a table so those headers will repeat at the top of the subsequent page(s)?
No.

(One might try using a table in the actual header (with only the column headers, but the same spacing. Might not look so great though.)
philip
NisusUser

Post by NisusUser »

phspaelti wrote:
NisusUser wrote:For a multi-page table, is there a way to assign headers to a table so those headers will repeat at the top of the subsequent page(s)?
No.

(One might try using a table in the actual header (with only the column headers, but the same spacing. Might not look so great though.)
OK. I'll just wait then until no more shifting of the text will occur and add rows at the top of the pages.
chabotd

Post by chabotd »

I was a heavy user of "repeating table header(s) on each page" in Word, I sorely miss it. I hope you consider this a "feature request", no a solved issue.

Sincerely,

Denis
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

I have a feeling this request goes back practically to the beginning of time. It just hasn't happened.

Cheers, geoff
DR King

Post by DR King »

I am a new fairly new NWP user, and I too would like to see table headers repeat themselves on each new page. I noticed this capability was requested several years ago. Has anything changed since then? Is there a NWP feature for propagating table headers? If so, can someone explain how to activate it?

Thanks