Table not continuing onto the next page

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
qbrc

Table not continuing onto the next page

Post by qbrc »

Hello!

I'm sure this is simple, but I have a rather large table that, for whatever reason, makes some sort of break after the first horizontal cells, making the next set of horizontal cells on the next page, regardless of the cell's size. Thus, I have a horizontal cell on one page that's not completely full (half a page is blank); the next horizontal cell begins on the next page.

How do I stop this from happening?

Thank you!
adryan

Re: Table not continuing onto the next page

Post by adryan »

G’day, qbrc et al

The subject characterization is not quite right. It seems the table does continue onto the next page, but a section/page break is inserted prematurely.

You may need to post an appropriate portion of the table for us to examine what is going on. Replace any sensitive data with “lorem ipsum”-type data first if necessary.

Cheers,
Adrian
MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 2021)
macOS Ventura
Nisus Writer user since 1996
qbrc

Post by qbrc »

Thank you for your help. I uploaded a sample.

I suppose the issue is that the horizontal cell on the right holds a lot of text; each time I want to have another cell below it, the next cell forces itself on the next page, rather than just continuing on the same page.
Attachments
sample problem with table.rtf
(19.93 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Is this modified file any better?
sample problem with table 2.rtf
(20.76 KiB) Downloaded 619 times
qbrc

Post by qbrc »

Yes!

What did you change?
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

The Normal Style, on which the Table Cell style is based, has Prevent widow/orphan applied; I removed from the Table Cell style to get Allow Widows & Orphans applied to Table Cell style in the style sheet.
Last edited by Hamid on 2015-07-20 10:21:31, edited 1 time in total.
qbrc

Post by qbrc »

I can see how to uncheck "Prevent window/orphan," but when I do that (with the entire table selected), nothing happens.
qbrc

Post by qbrc »

Just bumping this to see if I could get a response. Anyone know what Hamid did?
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Sorry, I could not reply earlier.
Switch to Style Sheet view. Select Table Cell style. Uncheck Prevent widow/orphan in the Formatting palette in the Tooldrawer.
This will remove the Prevent widow/orphan paragraph attribute only from the Table Cell style without affecting your Normal style and any other styles based on it.
If you don't need this paragraph attribute at all in any of the styles used in your document, you can remove this attribute in the style sheet from your Normal style.
qbrc

Post by qbrc »

I'm afraid even after doing this there are no changes to the tables. Is there something I need to do to apply it to the tables?

Just tried to use your document, and the same thing happens. Once the right cell information goes over a certain point, it jumps to the next page.