Glitch in the Forum software

Things not necessarily Nisus. Chat about the latest Apple release, your adorable three-toed sloth, or whatever else you fancy.
Þorvarður

Glitch in the Forum software

Post by Þorvarður »

Since the forum version was updated some time ago I'm seeing strange behavior that wasn't there before the update.
1) It doesn't seem to be possible now to upload more than 2 screenshots at a time, even though the added size is under 100 KB.

2) One of the screenshots tends to disappear if the Preview button is pressed followed by the Submit button. In the preview, both screenshots are usually visible.

3) When an old thread receives a new post, the thread used to be automatically moved forward and displayed as the first topic in the list here: <viewforum.php?f=18> Now this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Now the only way to access the thread is to use the Notifications button.

I wonder if this could be fixed?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Glitch in the Forum software

Post by martin »

I've seen attachment image problems firsthand myself, and it's definitely annoying.

Unfortunately there's not much we can do about these issues until the makers of our forum software package (phpBB) releases an update that fixes the bugs. We're using the latest version of phpBB. Sorry for the nuisance. Hopefully these problems get addressed soon.
Þorvarður

Post by Þorvarður »

martin wrote: 2018-08-13 14:24:10 there's not much we can do about these issues until the makers of our forum software package (phpBB) releases an update that fixes the bugs.
Thanks Martin, good to know.
All the best to you…
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

The forum software we use (phpBB) recently released an update whose release notes say will fix the problems you had with attachments. The Nisus forums just updated to this latest phpBB version, so hopefully those problems will be solved.