another feature missing: opening files

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
lindalinda

another feature missing: opening files

Post by lindalinda »

I used to be able to "stick" files in a section of the Open menu. They would stay there forever, even if they weren't used for a while. I no longer have that program so I can't be more specific, but I no longer see that feature in NWE 2.1.1 and it's annoying. Isn't there a way to do it anymore?
MacUnix

Post by MacUnix »

You can use the document manager for this.
Via 'Windows->Document manager' you can open the document manager window and select your document.
Via 'File-Save in document manager' or by simply placing the file in `/Documents/Nisus Documents' you can place your files in the document manager.

Hope this does what you want/need.

Ron
lindalinda

That won't work for me...

Post by lindalinda »

We have specific folders we have to save our documents in, otherwise no one would be able to find each other's folders.
charles

Post by charles »

Hi Linda:

We are working on the document manager to provide some additional support for the kinds of things you are asking for. In the mean time, you may be able to do what you want by:

1. Open your "Documents" folder and find the folder named "Nisus Documents"

2. Delete this folder. IMPORTANT!: Make sure any files you want to keep are moved out of this folder first!

3. Find the folder you want Nisus to save your documents in and select it in the Finder.

4. Choose File->Make Alias in the Finder.

5. Drag the new alias you just created to the Documents folder and rename it "Nisus Documents".

This will cause documents in this folder to appear in the document manager for you.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.