Microsoft Word

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
bill59

Microsoft Word

Post by bill59 »

Question: I downloaded beta2.5 and liked it but I have one concern. I can open word documents in express but if I write something in Nisus express Word will not open it therefore I am concerned about using it. Is there a way that my customers can open my letters in Word? if not will this feature be available in future releases.
Thanks
Bill59
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

NWE defaults to an RTF file format. There should be no reason for Word not to open a NWE file. I move back and forth between NWE and Word all the time.
cgc

Post by cgc »

Try it. Create a typical document in Nisus and see if it opens in Word. The only problems you may encounter would be with more complicated elements not tranferring (e.g. tables, images, etc.) 100% accurately. I have done tests and Nisus does do a good job.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Is there anything particularly complicated about your document (e.g. the aforementioned tables, images, etc.)? Does the file just plain not open, is it giving you an error message, or does it just open incorrectly?

With a little more information, someone here on the forum might be able to figure out what's going on. It should work now, and it's worked perfectly for me with every file I've tried.

Ryan
www.r-blog.com
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Nisus Writer Express files (saved as RTF or .doc) should definitely be openable by Word. If you ever find one that isn't, email it to us.