Links in PDF not working

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
dcdicu

Links in PDF not working

Post by dcdicu »

Hi,

I have some hyperlinks in a fairly simple document. When I save as PDF, the links don't look blue/underlined any more, but are black/underlined and don't function as links.

Any help? Help!

TIA,

Sean
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Can you do that in anything other than Distiller?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I believe midwinter is right. There are very few apps that allow you to preserve links when making PDFs. As far as I know, all of them are made by Adobe. I may of course be wrong (I frequently am), but at any rate NWE doesn't do it.

However, there's no reason the PDF couldn't keep the blue underlined look. I personally don't care for that (I hate seeing it in PDFs made from Word documents), but it could be an adjustable feature.
dcdicu

Post by dcdicu »

I tried saving it as .ps and Distilling, but that didn't work.

InDesign lets you embed links. I may have to do it the long way.

Thanks for the feedback.
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

You need the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) in order to have clickable links in a PDF. Perhaps a few other applications do that, but, Nisus Writer Express
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
marc

Post by marc »

rmark wrote:You need the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) in order to have clickable links in a PDF. Perhaps a few other applications do that, but, Nisus Writer Express
OmniGraffle supports exporting multi-page PDFs with internal links and URLs... you guys are co-operating on LinkBack, maybe they could help you out there with some code! ;)