the Hebrew speller

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
sickbar

the Hebrew speller

Post by sickbar »

Hi there.
I work with Mellel and everything looks fine. However as a new mac user one of the things I love to do is explore new programs and features on the mac.
I learned about NWE and started testing it, however, after 4 seconds I found a problem - for some reason the hebrew speller just doesn't work in Hebrew.

Any ideas why that is? am I doing something wrong?

I did go to preferences and activated the speller, still nothing changed...

your thoughts?

Ziv
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Have you marked your text as being in the Hebrew language? Just use the Language palette, the Language toolbar item, or the menu Format > Language > Hebrew. After that, if you've set a Hebrew spellchecker for the Hebrew language, then Express will automatically use that spellchecker for the marked text.
sickbar

Post by sickbar »

hi Martin.
First of all, thanks for the fast reply.

I did changed the text with the language tool and it didn't work
However, I started the application again and this time it did work.
I do have another question now - is there any way to check for spelling in more then one language? that is - if I use hebrew and english together in the same doc, can I make NWE check them both?

Ziv
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hi Ziv, yes Nisus Writer Express can use multiple languages/spellcheckers in one document at the same time. All you need to do is mark your English text as being in the English language, and your Hebrew text as being in the Hebrew language. Think of "language" just like any other text attribute like font or color. Express will automatically switch to the spellchecker you have set for a particular language if the text is marked as being in that language. I hope this makes sense, let me know how it goes.
sickbar

Post by sickbar »

interesting way to do it.
Thanks, this is a very elegant way indeed :-)