How to paste addresses in HTML

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
h2odavid

How to paste addresses in HTML

Post by h2odavid »

When I paste in a web address, How do I make it HTML readable, so when you ckick on it you automatically go to the web site?

thanks

dave
marc

Re: How to paste addresses in HTML

Post by marc »

h2odavid wrote:When I paste in a web address, How do I make it HTML readable, so when you ckick on it you automatically go to the web site?
The most complete instructions can be found by opening Help and searching for "clickable link".

:idea:
h2odavid

Post by h2odavid »

in many programs, use just copy the web address and when pasted into a word processor it automatically can take youi to the address. Can Nisus do that?
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

h2odavid wrote:in many programs, use just copy the web address and when pasted into a word processor it automatically can take youi to the address. Can Nisus do that?

Nisus can do that. Just copy a link from the web browser and choose the menu Insert->Hyperlink and voilà you've got a hyperlink that is active.
Peter Edwardsson
hatchmo

Files, too

Post by hatchmo »

... and if you paste in

Code: Select all

file://localhost/Users/rh/Documents/myfile.xyz
you will create a link to any file. Click on this word in your document, and it will open the file in Nisus Writer, or launch the appropriate application to open whatever document it is.
Al Hatch