Hmm - not quite what I was hoping for, but promising anyhow.

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
tersono

Hmm - not quite what I was hoping for, but promising anyhow.

Post by tersono »

Hmm - this is more Okito Composer PRO than an OS X version of Nisus Writer - or to put it another way it's maybe a little disappointing that Express seems to be a Nisus Writer 'lite' rather than the full-featured MS Word killer that is NW 6.5, but I guess I can't expect everything in a public beta - the interface is everything I hoped it would be, however and it's looking promising overall :)

Looking forward to a few more features being added and hopefully being able to start using it as my primary WP fairly shortly.
knussear

Post by knussear »

Appleworks has more features.
tersono

Post by tersono »

Appleworks has more features
Yes, I agree it does - and that's what I'm using for the moment (along with Open Office under Xwindows) as I refuse to use M$ office - still we can hope that the feature list will improve quickly, I guess - if it would just catch up with AppleWorks wp module I'd switch...

What I (and I suspect most others) really want, however, is NW 6.5 for OS X and it doesn't look like we're gonna be getting that any time soon *sigh*
knussear

Post by knussear »

I'm using open office almost exclusively now also. Packed with features, but less pleasing to the eye. This PB looks about like a snazzy text edit, with very few additional features. Other than M$ word import/export, very little improvement over Akito is apparent.

Hopefully they can make as much process from PB to release that Apple did with OSX, otherwise this will not be the M$ Word killer that we all were hoping for.