Opening a MsW attachment - not very correct!

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
igroucho

Opening a MsW attachment - not very correct!

Post by igroucho »

I had an email today with 2 attachments. One was a 2 paged doc in the shape of a questionary with small boxes to manually check once in the printed paper-form.
On opening the document it is presented as a one-sided doc and there are no boxes to be seen. Checked the same file in MsW.
Not very outstanding job, Nisus...
HeatherKay

Post by HeatherKay »

Under the Nisus Help menu on the extreme right there is a Send Feedback option.

I know from experience that the guys at Nisus like to hear from users of their products, and that if you can send copies of the Word files at the same time they can use them to test with. And that makes NWE better for all of us.

:wink:
xiamenese

Re: Opening a MsW attachment - not very correct!

Post by xiamenese »

igroucho wrote:I had an email today with 2 attachments. One was a 2 paged doc in the shape of a questionary with small boxes to manually check once in the printed paper-form.
On opening the document it is presented as a one-sided doc and there are no boxes to be seen. Checked the same file in MsW.
Not very outstanding job, Nisus...
You'll probably find that MsW used a font for those boxes that is not available on your Mac, or they were using a word graphic and Nisus can't read word graphics. That is not a matter for a "not very outstanding job Nisus" as the word format is proprietary including the graphics and if the Abiword translator that I believe underlies Nisus' reading of Word files doesn't handle them, then Nisus can't handle them.

Mark