Frequent Collapses

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Noguchi

Frequent Collapses

Post by Noguchi »

The Nisus Writer Express program suddenly collapses. It started happening the day before yesterday and keeps happening quite often, even after I reboot the computer. Do I have to download Nisus Writer Express again? If yes, in what order do I do so? Is it that I first delete the current one and then download the new one?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Frequent Collapses

Post by martin »

Can you send us a feedback report after the crash occurs? Just relaunch NWX and use the menu Help > Send Feedback. If you do decide to reinstall, which probably won't help, the order of the download and deletion steps does not matter.
Jazzvibe

Post by Jazzvibe »

Nisus has been crashing on my teenagers MacBook running Leopard. Most recently a half hours worth of homework disappeared. When asked what was being done at the time the reply was "just typing". Text edit is now being used because of the fear of loosing work (not what I want to hear).

I used 2.7 on Tiger successfully (expect for WordPerfect conversion problems I mentioned on another post). 3.1 seems to be working on Tiger too, but not so well on Leopard (from what I can tell not being at the machine when something goes wrong.)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

If you experience a crash, please do send in a report to us by relaunching Nisus Writer and then using the menu Help > Send Feedback. We never see the reports that the Apple crash reporter collects.

To provide yourself with some peace of mind, make sure autosave is enabled and set the frequency to something high, perhaps every 5 minutes. If NWP crashes the next time you launch it you will be asked if you'd like to recover the autosaved files.