Tables: Last Column Vertical Cell Alignment

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
shades

Tables: Last Column Vertical Cell Alignment

Post by shades »

I am immensely pleased with NWE 2 and especially the tables additions. However, I noticed a peculiar situation with tables and cell alignment. I inserted four tables into a file (12 columns, 8 rows each), which was a breeze. I assigned a separate style to each row (for this project), and the font and formatting changed accordingly ... except the last cell of each row. All cells were automatically aligned vertically with the middle, except the last cell in each row. It was automatically aligned vertically to the top. I had to manually change the alignment of the last column to Middle.

Is this normal behavior? It seems odd that all columns are Middle aligned vertically except the last column.
MBP 2.4 GHz, OS X 10.5.6
NWP 1.2, Mellel 2.6, iWork 08
charles

Post by charles »

Hi:

I tried this on my machine and I am able to reproduce the behavior you describe. Whenever you insert a table, NWE automatically formats the cells for you based on the table format you select in the insert table pop-up. It is possible we are not applying vertical alignment to the last row for some reason.

We will look into this for a future release. In the meantime, you can easily correct this by selecting the entire table and then by clicking on the MIDDLE vertical alignment button in the Table Cells palette.

By the way, an easy and fast way to select all the cells in a table is to click in a cell and press Command+A twice.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
shades

Post by shades »

Thanks, Charles, at least I know it's not me in my old age!! :D

Appreciate the shortcut.
MBP 2.4 GHz, OS X 10.5.6
NWP 1.2, Mellel 2.6, iWork 08