Page Numbers in the Status Bar

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Daniel Siegel

Page Numbers in the Status Bar

Post by Daniel Siegel »

I'm wondering if it is possible to change the way page numbers appear in the status bar. I'm working on a long document, broken up into several files. When I set the beginning page number for each file, the status bar will say something like "page 27 of 53," where 27 is the page number I've given to that page, but 53 is the total number of pages in the file itself. Thus, I always have to remember exactly what starting number I've given the first page and then do the math to know what page of the file I'm actually working on. I find this inconvenient and a bit frustrating, since it's so hard to know how far into the file I actually am. And, at the end, I'll get page numbers like "page number 71 of 53."
Daniel
mrennie

Post by mrennie »

Hi Daniel,

there's no workaround for the time being, I'm afraid. There have been a number of discussions about the way in which page numbers are displayed in the status bar (physical pages vs. pages in section), so your best option would be to e-mail Nisus your feedback so that they can consider it for a future update (in NWP, click on Help>Send Feedback).
109%

Post by 109% »

This bugs the life out of me too. It's a nightmare when you want to print a particular page in a complex multi-section document. Every other word processor I know (all of which are inferior to NWP, of course!) lets you know at a glance which page you're on.

Please, Nisus people - can we get this fixed?
brifer

Page numbers in Status Bar

Post by brifer »

Until yesterday, I had never seen a 'discrepancy' between the page numbers in the Status Bar and the Inserted Page Number/Pages in Document.
Now, in a 10/10 size, I get Page 10 of 12 in the Status Bar.
I admit that the document consists almost entirely of screen shots with either 1 or 2 Columns.
It's a big file but should it be sent to Nisus Feedback?

Hardware:
Machine Name: MacBook
Machine Model: MacBook1,1
CPU Type: Intel Core Duo
Number Of Cores: 2
CPU Speed: 2 GHz
L2 Cache (shared): 2 MB
Memory: 1.25 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.005F.B00
SMC Version: 1.4f8
-----------
Software:
OS X 10.5.1 Leopard
Mail; Safari; Preview
iWork '08 - Keynote, Pages, Numbers
iLife '08 - iTunes, iPhoto
Nisus Writer Pro 1.0.3
Airport, through Netgear wireless router
-----------------------
==========
Best wishes, from Brian Ferguson
12:27:04; Fri, Jan 18, 2008.
==========
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Page numbers in Status Bar

Post by martin »

109% wrote:Please, Nisus people - can we get this fixed?
This will be addressed for sure in NWP 1.1.
brifer wrote:Now, in a 10/10 size, I get Page 10 of 12 in the Status Bar.
I admit that the document consists almost entirely of screen shots with either 1 or 2 Columns.
It's a big file but should it be sent to Nisus Feedback?
I'd be happy to have it so we can be sure to fix the problem. It may help to zip the file before you send it via the feedback reporter. Thanks!
109%

Post by 109% »

Thanks for that, Martin! Really looking forward to 1.1.