NWP, Linkback and Bento

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
brifer

NWP, Linkback and Bento

Post by brifer »

Yep, three in one.
Having bought Bento as a very good replacement for the aged AppleWorks DB, and not really wishing to go further into FileMaker Pro, watching a couple of demonstrations brought back faint memories of LinkBack.
Bento does display similar abilities so I wonder what is the latest news on LinkBack and NWP?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm not sure there is any news to be had, as NWP already has LinkBack support. Do you have any questions about NWP or any feature requests for LinkBack?
brifer

NWP, Linkback and Bento

Post by brifer »

I'm not sure there is any news to be had, as NWP already has LinkBack support. Do you have any questions about NWP or any feature requests for LinkBack?
Fine; I will need to brush-up on LinkBack then and see if Bento and NWP can be used together.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Probably not. LinkBack is not intended as a way for applications to exchange database style information in the tradition of record producers/consumers. Also, NWP's support is limited to hosting images with attached LinkBack data, eg: a diagram produced in a modeling program.

In what capacity did you want to use Bento with NWP?
brifer

Post by brifer »

martin wrote:Probably not. LinkBack is not intended as a way for applications to exchange database style information in the tradition of record producers/consumers. Also, NWP's support is limited to hosting images with attached LinkBack data, eg: a diagram produced in a modeling program.

In what capacity did you want to use Bento with NWP?
I have not yet played with Bento other than review its contents from AddressBook and iCal.
This is theoretical for me at the moment; I just wondered if there was some sort of compatibility between them because the concept seemed similar.
Bringing information into NWP from a Bento file in table format could be useful so that changes would be reflected.
Extending this idea, could Numbers tables and charts be reflected in NWP?

:roll:
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

You can export from Bento to CSV and open that in Tables. From Tables, you can select, copy and paste into Nisus, which gives you tab-delimited rows and you can use "Convert to Table" to turn it into a Nisus Table. You can do the same thing using Numbers, what you can't do with Numbers is round-trip.

If you use Tables, you can copy a range of cells in a Nisus table and paste into a Tables sheet. You could then export that to CSV and import it into Bento. I know that works, 'cos I've done the latter part. If you copy a range of cells in Nisus and paste them into a Numbers sheet, all the data goes into the first column.

HTH

Mark