Documents how to add and delete pages ?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
DoktorSpoor

Documents how to add and delete pages ?

Post by DoktorSpoor »

Hi there,

Where do I find a way to remove or add pages? I have a three page document, but how do remove one page to make it a two page one. Also how would I add a page or insert one?

Thanks,

DokSpoor
shades

Re: Documents how to add and delete pages ?

Post by shades »

Howdy and welcome to the board.

I think you might be confused about how NWP works; it is a word processor, not a page layout program (like Pages from Apple). That means if you want another "page", you would need to insert a Page Break and begin typing there. As for deleting the "page", you would need to delete text (or the Page Break that is there already).
MBP 2.4 GHz, OS X 10.5.6
NWP 1.2, Mellel 2.6, iWork 08
DoktorSpoor

Post by DoktorSpoor »

Hi there,

yes I began to quickly realise that!
The difference is a good thing since I dislike pages and word, so now deleting text is fine, but because I have a header the empty page remains - deleting the header seems to work back through the document too?

I would like to keep the header where there is a following body of text but ditch the header on a page where there is now no following text.

?

Cheers
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

Turn on "Show Invisibles" in the View menu, and you will see that that empty page in fact contains at least one blank line ... you will see the end-of-paragraph mark(s). Just place your cursor immediately before the last of these and press the delete key the number of times until it goes back to the page before and the "blank page" disappears.

Mark