I purchased NWE today but when I open it...

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
peridot

I purchased NWE today but when I open it...

Post by peridot »

I get a dialogue giving me 3 choices: enter license #, try demo or purchase. I select "enter license #" but the dialogue closes instantly. I can't type THAT fast!!! So what do I do now? Thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: I purchased NWE today but when I open it...

Post by martin »

What happens if you use the menu Nisus Writer Pro > Licenses, then click the "Enter License" button? If the window disappears just as quickly, can you send us a report using the menu Help > Send Feedback? It may help us diagnose your issue.
peridot

Post by peridot »

Thanks, Martin. When I go into the license menu, the window does stay open long enough for me to enter the license #. Which leads to my next dilemma: I'm not clear about whether to chose "Personal" or "Computer." The "Personal" choice seems to say that the computer will remember that the NWE is licensed but "Computer" does not make this reference. Does that mean I will have to re-register it every time I open NWE? I purchased 3 licenses and plan to use one on a second computer. Does that influence which choice I should make? And should I choose "Personal" or "Computer" on the 2nd computer?

NWE appears in my applications folder & NWE seems to work properly (altho I haven't had time to use it extensively yet). However, a NWE icon has appeared on my desktop as does a folder called NWX-v31.dmg. I would like to remove these but can't trash them....The trash turns to "eject." Since the folders are on my desktop, I don't quite understand how they can be ejected. Is there some way to get rid of these desktop NWE & NWX folders? Or are they needed for NWE to function properly even though NWE also appears in my Applications folder?

Thanks & Happy New Year!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

peridot wrote:I'm not clear about whether to chose "Personal" or "Computer." The "Personal" choice seems to say that the computer will remember that the NWE is licensed but "Computer" does not make this reference. Does that mean I will have to re-register it every time I open NWE?
A "Personal" license means that only the single user who entered the license can run NWX on that computer. If you choose a "Computer" license then all users on that computer may run NWX. Either type of license will be saved to your hard drive so you do not need to re-register the next time you launch NWX. The message about backing up is just to let you know that the license information is stored in your user home directory for a "Personal" license. The "Computer" license type is instead stored in your system library.

One thing to note: to add a "Computer" license you need to be logged in as an administrative user.
I purchased 3 licenses and plan to use one on a second computer. Does that influence which choice I should make? And should I choose "Personal" or "Computer" on the 2nd computer?
You can enter in each of you license keys any way you like, whatever is easier for you.
However, a NWE icon has appeared on my desktop as does a folder called NWX-v31.dmg. I would like to remove these but can't trash them....The trash turns to "eject." Since the folders are on my desktop, I don't quite understand how they can be ejected. Is there some way to get rid of these desktop NWE & NWX folders? Or are they needed for NWE to function properly even though NWE also appears in my Applications folder?
These icons on your Desktop are the disk image that originally contained NWX. The ".dmg" file is an archive that produces the white disk image icon that turns the Trash into an "eject" icon. If you have NWX properly installed you can trash/eject both files and everything should be fine.

The one concern is that you might actually be running NWX from the disk image, instead of the copy you have installed in your Applications folder. If after trashing the disk image icons you find that NWX will not launch from your Dock, just re-add the NWX icon from your Applications folder to your Dock by dragging it over.