Suddenly unable to print...

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
peridot

Suddenly unable to print...

Post by peridot »

I use NWE every day & print every day. I have added no new apps, have the same HP printer that's been working all along, haven't fooled with fonts or done anything else different. Suddenly this morning after setting up the print dialogue as always (it looks the same etc), I get this message on 3 different docs: "No pages from the document were selected to be printed."
One of the docs I use every day DOES print.
I've turned the printer off, then on, restarted, but the problem remains.

Can you tell me how to fix this?

Thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Suddenly unable to print...

Post by martin »

I've never see such an error message, and it would be generated by the print system and not NWP directly. Are you able to save documents as a PDF? If so, can you print the resulting PDF from Preview.app? Do you have issues printing from other applications, eg: TextEdit?

It may help us diagnose the problem if you send us a report from within NWP using the menu Help > Send Feedback after the problem occurs.
peridot

Post by peridot »

Hi Martin: I don't print in other apps except NWE so can't compare. I've been working on the problem & find I can print the whole doc (all) but not a range of pages ....does this help?
peridot

Post by peridot »

Martin, I don't think it's my printer or printer-generated because I copied the doc to another computer with another printer and got the same message...
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

peridot wrote:Hi Martin: I don't print in other apps except NWE so can't compare.
Every Mac should have Preview.app installed, so that may help you work around the issue for now.
I've been working on the problem & find I can print the whole doc (all) but not a range of pages ....does this help?
Yes, this does seem important. Would you be able to send me the document? Please let me know which pages you are trying to print exactly that cause the problem. Probably it's easiest for you to just attach it in the feedback reporter.
I don't think it's my printer or printer-generated because I copied the doc to another computer with another printer and got the same message...
I just meant that it's not an error message Nisus Writer puts together itself. Likely the print information we pass to OSX triggers the error somehow, so we may still be to blame.
peridot

Post by peridot »

Martin, Thanks for your input. I finally figured it out....I was working with a 400 page doc which I split into four shorter docs. The page number of each doc continued from the end of the previous one. At first, I wasn't aware that there were two sets of page numbers (logical & physical) so it took me a while to figure out how to set up the print dialogue but all is well now. Clear in retrospect; not so clear at the time....thanks, again...NISUS is the BEST!!!!