Nisus Writer Pro 1.4

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
dave
Official Nisus Person

Nisus Writer Pro 1.4

Post by dave »

Just letting everyone on the forum know that we have just released Nisus Writer Pro 1.4. There is only one change: Nisus Writer Pro now communicates directly with Bookends. You can now scan your documents, find references, insert citations, and switch to Bookends by using the new menu items (Insert > Bibliography). You can download now, or wait until our auto-updater is updated, which will be a bit later today.
joehardy

Re: Nisus Writer Pro 1.4

Post by joehardy »

dave wrote:Just letting everyone on the forum know that we have just released Nisus Writer Pro 1.4. There is only one change: Nisus Writer Pro now communicates directly with Bookends. You can now scan your documents, find references, insert citations, and switch to Bookends by using the new menu items (Insert > Bibliography). You can download now, or wait until our auto-updater is updated, which will be a bit later today.
Great addition. I'm beginning work on a short paper for a conference in April so I downloaded the trial of Bookends, used it to find some great sources and decided to take advantage of the 20 % discount for Nisus Pro users and bought it.

It'll be some time before writing begins and I get to play around with its integration with NWP, but I'm looking forward to it.
<a href="http://web.mac.com/joehardy">Blog the Day!</a>
dude

Post by dude »

A big thumbs up!
Just a guy trying to be a dude...
loulesko

Post by loulesko »

Can any of you Bookends users tell me - is it specifically for academic type of reference searching?

Thanks
Lou
dude

Post by dude »

Lou, what exactly do you mean?
joehardy

Post by joehardy »

loulesko wrote:Can any of you Bookends users tell me - is it specifically for academic type of reference searching?

Thanks
Lou
I'm using it with Google Scholar and some of the databases the library at the college where I teach has access to. But it's a bibliography tool as well and can be used to gather resources and also create bibliographies in a variety of standard formats.
In my field - communications - APA is the standard but, unfortunately, the organization I present papers at once a year requires MLA. Thus it's always a pain to have to keep thumbing through an MLA guide to make sure I'm doing references right. Software like Bookends will help alleviate that.
They have a 30-day trial of the full version.

Gary
<a href="http://web.mac.com/joehardy">Blog the Day!</a>
dspedersen

Post by dspedersen »

dave wrote:Just letting everyone on the forum know that we have just released Nisus Writer Pro 1.4. There is only one change: Nisus Writer Pro now communicates directly with Bookends. You can now scan your documents, find references, insert citations, and switch to Bookends by using the new menu items (Insert > Bibliography). You can download now, or wait until our auto-updater is updated, which will be a bit later today.
This is really great! I have been using Bookends (BE) for some years now, together with Word (2008) and recently I began experiencing problems with Word, which made me look after another writing program working with BE. However, Nisus Writer Pro (NWP) did not have integration with BE, neither did Pages, so I dumped both. However, last week came a BE update, which made me aware of the new NWP support and immediately I downloaded NWP, just to find out how great a program it is. It works so well with BE now and the fact that you can have .doc as your default format is just magnificent when you are working in a somewhat "Mac-hostile" environment.

So, bought NWP right away!

Cheers,
Dan
Dan

Msc, PhD student
University of Aarhus
Denmark
dude

Post by dude »

Welcome to the family. :-)