Favorite Fonts

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Icemancometh

Favorite Fonts

Post by Icemancometh »

So, I"ve read under a related topic here and have read the PDF manual with my Nisus Pro (which tells me to use "Gear"(?) to add fonts to my Favorite Fonts list; but so far nothing works. I can find neither an "Add to Favorites" command nor does attempted dragging and dropping a font from either the Command+T Fonts List nor the Character Pane work. So I am utterly flummoxed. Gear? There is no Gear symbol in either of these panes, either...so maybe something is missing here, but the solution does not seem obvious.

All help appreciated.
Hamid

Re: Favorite Fonts

Post by Hamid »

'Favorites' is a collection of fonts that you 'Add to Favorites' in the system-wide Font pane available in Cocoa apps (by pressing Command-t) in any Cocoa app including NWP.
You can add fonts to 'Favorites' collection by dragging and dropping their names from the Typeface or Family column to 'Favorites' in the Collection column or by selecting font names in the Typeface column and applying 'Add to Favorites' from the gear menu (encircled in red) in the screen shot.
You can also add (by pressing the plus sign at the bottom left) your own named collections to group together certain categories of fonts, for example, Hebrew, Arabic, etc. and they will also appear under that named collection in the Fonts menu in NWP.
FontsPaneCocoaApps.gif
FontsPaneCocoaApps.gif (35.05 KiB) Viewed 9789 times
Icemancometh

Post by Icemancometh »

Hamid,
Thank you very much for the clear explanation of how Nisus utilizes the Mac's "favorites" list.

-gf
cjthedj

Post by cjthedj »

I had the same problem and was referred here on June 13, 2015. The suggestion by Hamid worked only after I quit NWE and reopened the application. This is an obtuse routine. It would be good to include Hamid's information in the NWP and NWE User Guides that are accessed from the Help menu. Thank you Hamid for your explanation.