A Feature Request

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Windsor

A Feature Request

Post by Windsor »

In Palette Library add "Usage" palette where there will be two boxes of information:

Usage

- Fonts:
1) Showing all the fonts that's been used in a file.
2) To have the ability to change a font, by clicking on the desired font, and type instead another desired font. For example: If I have used Times, Helvetica, Bodoni fonts, and I wanted to change Helvetica (wherever it is used in the entire file) to, say, Palatino. By just typing palatino (or just p, and the rest will be supplied automatically as in Character->Font palette), and click the return/enter button. I know this can be achieved by PowerFind, with the WildCard. But this is much faster/shorter way.

- Pictures:
1) Showing a) the names of all the pictures that's been used in the file, b) the type of the picture (whether it's TIFF, JPEG, etc.), c) the status (whether it's OK, missing, modified), and d) Size (i.e., the file size)
2) By clicking on one picture, a) the picture should be shown in the file, b) and under another box should show the information of where the original is located (whether it's in the pictures folder, or the desktop, etc.).
xiamenese

Re: A Feature Request

Post by xiamenese »

Windsor wrote:In Palette Library add "Usage" palette where there will be two boxes of information:

Usage

- Fonts:
1) Showing all the fonts that's been used in a file.
2) To have the ability to change a font, by clicking on the desired font, and type instead another desired font. For example: If I have used Times, Helvetica, Bodoni fonts, and I wanted to change Helvetica (wherever it is used in the entire file) to, say, Palatino. By just typing palatino (or just p, and the rest will be supplied automatically as in Character->Font palette), and click the return/enter button. I know this can be achieved by PowerFind, with the WildCard. But this is much faster/shorter way.

- Pictures:
1) Showing a) the names of all the pictures that's been used in the file, b) the type of the picture (whether it's TIFF, JPEG, etc.), c) the status (whether it's OK, missing, modified), and d) Size (i.e., the file size)
2) By clicking on one picture, a) the picture should be shown in the file, b) and under another box should show the information of where the original is located (whether it's in the pictures folder, or the desktop, etc.).
The first of these is available already:
a) at the top of the "Character" palette is a drop down menu which probably says "All fonts". Clicking on the triangle drops a menu which lets you choose among the font sets available on your computer, including "Document fonts". Choosing that will give you the list of only the fonts in use in that document. If you click in the field with the font name to highlight in all, and start typing, it will complete the name from what you have typed ... so on mine, 'g' gives "GB18030 Bitmap", add an "e" and it changes to "Geeza", an "o" and it changes to "Georgia" and so on.
b) to substitute a font throughout a document, either:
i) place your caret in a part of the text in the font you want to replace, click the button showing an "a" in a square box in the status-bar at the bottom of the window (the character button), from the menu choose "Select All", then proceed as in a) above.
ii) open the stylesheet, select the style which uses that font, go to the "Character" palette and proceed as in a) above. If you have planned carefully, so that various styles are based on others ... for instance "Body text" and "Quote" styles are based on "Normal", then making the substitution in "Normal" will automatically make it in the other two.

For your image suggestion, I will defer happily to someone more knowledgeable.

Mark

EDIT: Apologies. I see on re-reading that you know about name completion in the "Character" palette, but I hope the rest is of some use to you.
Windsor

Post by Windsor »

Thanx Mark,
At least the Fonts feature request can be deleted. Haha! The more I know about Nisus the more I love it!

Thanks again.
Windsor
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Here is a macro that will show how to extract various information about images and display the results in a new file. Ideally this should be adjusted to your own preferences, for both the desired info or display format.

One shortcoming of this macro is that if the images are inside other floating content (say grouped with a floating text caption) this macro will not find it. (I have other macros which can do that, if desired.)
Get all image info.nwm
(19.96 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
philip
Windsor

Post by Windsor »

thanks Philip,
Yes, may I see the other macro(s)? This is great!

Windsor
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Here is a link to my post about the macro to inspect Floating content.

http://www.nisus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5289
philip
Windsor

Post by Windsor »

Thanks, Philip :)