after upgrade, "new file" is in trash

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
editor10

after upgrade, "new file" is in trash

Post by editor10 »

I just upgraded to NWP 2.1.1 (from 2.0.7) and the prefs file or template file for a new doc is now in the Trash, I am told. What's in the Trash is the package of NWP and inside that I do find a folder called Templates containing Plain Text Template.dot and Nisus New File.dot ---- but both of these are in Microsoft Word 97 format.

How can I regain the ability to create a new file?
Þorvarður

Re: after upgrade, "new file" is in trash

Post by Þorvarður »

editor10 wrote:How can I regain the ability to create a new file?
If a "Nisus New File" is removed by you or somebody else, then the program will automatically create a new "Nisus New File", a pristine one with factory settings. This means, styles you may have added are not in the new file, and size and screen location are new.

The "Nisus New File" should be here:
/Users/You/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer Pro

If it isn't there, you may have to quit the program and start it again.
What's in the Trash is the package of NWP
When you say "package", do you then mean the Installer package archive with the ending .pkg?

NWP uses the .dot format for Document Templates, and Get Info in Finder identifies this format as "GraphViz dot Document". How such a template can suddenly be transformed into a Microsoft Word 97 format, is not clear to me. Are you sure it's really a Microsoft Word 97 format?
editor10

Re: after upgrade, "new file" is in trash

Post by editor10 »

Two restarts and all is well. All Nisus would open was old saved docs, wouldn’t open a new doc. I don't understand it either.

Thanks!