Default Zoom % List

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ToddO

Default Zoom % List

Post by ToddO »

Is there a way to add to the list of zoom settings? For example, at the bottom right corner, it has . . . 100%, 125%, 150%, 200% . . . sometimes 150% is a bit small and 200% is a bit big.

No real problem to do a manual pinch zoom, but it would be nice to just hit CMD+ and get, say 175% or so, rather than using a gesture or typing in a custom % every time.
phspaelti

Re: Default Zoom % List

Post by phspaelti »

Create a macro ("New Macro") and put the following single line:

Code: Select all

Set Zoom 175
Then save as macro. You can then attach a keyboard shortcut to your macro. The command will however not appear in the Zoom submenu. It will be in the macro menu.
Hope this helps
philip
ToddO

Post by ToddO »

Thanks, Philip. I actually already have a macro set up, but depending on the View (Page, Draft, Fullscreen), the percentage that seem comfortable seems to vary. Rather than introduce a hotkey combo for each, I was hoping to just add to the list and be able to sequence through them with the CMD +/- keys.

Good suggestion, though.
credneb

Post by credneb »

Here's a little macro that might help.
Change the zoom ratios to whatever values you want. If you order them in the order of frequency (say you use 175 most of the time), put that value first. You can navigate the prompt with the cursor keys.

Hmm. Can't seem to attach a .nwm file. Copy and save a macro, and assign a shortcut.

$ZoomRatio = Array.new 135, 175, 225
$message = "Select the zoom ratio"
$zoom = Prompt Options $message, '', 'Select', $ZoomRatio
Set Zoom $zoom
credneb

Post by credneb »

meant to say that if you put the most frequently used ratio, say 175, first, no navigation is required to select it.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Another option, if you don't want to deal with a menu, is to have the macro check the view and set the size appropriately. Something like this:

Code: Select all

$pageView = Menu.menuAtPath("Page View").state
$draftView = Menu.menuAtPath("Draft View").state
$fullScreen = Menu.menuAtPath("Full Screen").state
if $pageView && $fullScreen
$zoom = "220"
elsif $draftView && (! $fullScreen)
$zoom = "175"
else
$zoom = "150"
end
Set Zoom $zoom
philip
ToddO

Post by ToddO »

Hi Philip and credneb --

I hadn't thought about those options. I really like the Idea of checking the state, since then it's always just the same hotkey to get me wherever I want.

Thanks!