Gutter Width Slider in Fullscreen Mode

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
shrumpkin

Gutter Width Slider in Fullscreen Mode

Post by shrumpkin »

Hi Nisus,

Forgive me if this topic has been already posted, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I like to compose in fullscreen mode, draft view, but would like to have the gutters to be reduced, so I have more page space taking up the screen real estate; however, when I go to adjust the gutter width slider, it doesn't do anything. In the User Manual, it states that the gutter width should increase/decrease relative to the text, but the zoom only affects the size of the text, because when I increase/decrease this, the gutters still won’t budge. Am I overlooking something? Is my version corrupted or something? The gutters are set and won't budge at all. Conversely, is there a way to increase the “paper” width?

Best,

Michael
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Gutter Width Slider in Fullscreen Mode

Post by martin »

Hello Michael: I'm sorry you're having trouble with the Full Screen gutter width slider. It looks like the slider is working incorrectly. It will adjust the gutter, but only after a delay. You can force an update of the gutter if you trigger certain other UI updates, eg: zoom the text in or out, show or hide the palettes, enter or exit full screen mode, etc.

This is a bug, thanks for bringing it to our attention! We will get it fixed for the next software update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.
shrumpkin

Re: Gutter Width Slider in Fullscreen Mode

Post by shrumpkin »

Thanks, Martin.