Educational Discount

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
cgc

Educational Discount

Post by cgc »

I am attending college and use Word 2004, but it is slow and quirky so I've looked at all the word processors I could find (e.g. Abiword, OO, Mellel, Nisus, Mariner, etc.). I've narrowed it down to Mellel and Nisus, like most users. I see few differences between the two except the pricing.

I'd love to buy Nisus (similar features and Nisus looks better) but Nisus costs $60 while Mellel can be had for $30. If you would offer a student/educational discount I'm sure you would draw more users.
JBL

Post by JBL »

cgc

Post by cgc »

Funny thing is, I asked them and they do not provide an educational discount (2 months ago) and I still cannot find the link to the site you referenced. How is anyone going to know about this discount unless it's advertised?

Thanks for the info, I think I'm gonna plunk down my $40 and enjoy Nisus :)
JBL

Post by JBL »

cgc wrote:... and I still cannot find the link to the site you referenced.
If you click on the link to the store on this page, there is a link that says "More Purchase Options" under the three listed options for buying NWE. You are right that they could make it more obvious though. Congratulations on joining the ranks of NWE users.