Tab Markers Ignored

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
hatchmo

Tab Markers Ignored

Post by hatchmo »

NWX 2.5 ignores any tab marker inserted between the First Line Indent and Paragraph Indent markers. Nisus Writer Classic observed a tab marker in this location. This enabled easy list making.
Can this behavior be changed for the next version?
Al Hatch
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

This bug is definitely going to be fixed in the next free upgrade we offer.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

martin wrote:This bug is definitely going to be fixed in the next free upgrade we offer.
How about this one:

martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

midwinter: In all cases that I've seen so far the ruler redraw problem is caused by additional programs people have installed. Specifically those that add features to all your Cocoa applications. Examples of those programs are Window Shade, Fruit Menu, Magic Menu, or any that use "APE". Users have reported that if you remove those programs, or add Express to the "exclude" list, the redraw problem goes away.

If that does not solve your problem then send in a feedback report so we can take a look at your system profile. It may give us more information about the cause of the problem for you.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

martin wrote:midwinter: In all cases that I've seen so far the ruler redraw problem is caused by additional programs people have installed. Specifically those that add features to all your Cocoa applications. Examples of those programs are Window Shade, Fruit Menu, Magic Menu, or any that use "APE". Users have reported that if you remove those programs, or add Express to the "exclude" list, the redraw problem goes away.

If that does not solve your problem then send in a feedback report so we can take a look at your system profile. It may give us more information about the cause of the problem for you.
Feedback sent.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks midwinter, it appears that your system does not have any additional software installed that could cause the ruler redraw bug. We'll have someone take a deeper look into this and see if we can fix it.
pds

Post by pds »

martin wrote:midwinter: In all cases that I've seen so far the ruler redraw problem is caused by additional programs people have installed. Specifically those that add features to all your Cocoa applications. Examples of those programs are Window Shade, Fruit Menu, Magic Menu, or any that use "APE". Users have reported that if you remove those programs, or add Express to the "exclude" list, the redraw problem goes away.

I'm also having strange redraw problems near the ruler line. I sent a report in, along with a screen dump, via the support page and was also told it was probably due to these 'additional programs'. Well I also don't have any of these programs. This is most definitly a bug.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Yeah. It strikes me as a bug, too, although I can't seem to reproduce it. It also only seems to happen when I've had NWE open for a while. I'm going to play around with it today and see if I can reproduce it.