Annoying Ruler

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
seitanguy

Annoying Ruler

Post by seitanguy »

Touching the ruler screws it up. Yes, that's right, doing anything to the ruler screws up the way it looks. If I drag to change margins, I get a dozen little sliders and there is no way to tell which one is the "real" one. If i hide the ruler or even resize the window, the ruler craps out and doesn't display properly or work. The only way to get it back to normal is to close the window and re open the file. As no one else has posted about this, I guess I am the only person who suffers through this horrid bug. I have deleted my preferences and reinstalled everthing from scratch and it still happens. I'm on 10.4.3. This and the incompatability with inDesign are really making me look hard at the new Mellel 2.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

This bug?

They know about it. I've been trying to reproduce it to help them track it down, but for the life of me I can't.
seitanguy

Post by seitanguy »

Yeah, but that is a pretty extreme case. I suppose I could do that with a ton of dragging though. But that is what it looks like. I filed a bug earlier today, but this has been bugging me for a while.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

seitanguy wrote:Yeah, but that is a pretty extreme case. I suppose I could do that with a ton of dragging though. But that is what it looks like. I filed a bug earlier today, but this has been bugging me for a while.
Yeah. I'm with you (as are others). Martin (official Nisus person) told me that the issue was that they couldn't reproduce it. And neither could I. It *seems* to be related to NWE being open for a long period of time + content in the clipboard. But I couldn't make it do it on purpose. And yeah, you're right, the only solution is to quit and restart NWE.

In short, I feel your pain. But God help me, I just can't do Mellel. That interface... *shudder*
pds

Post by pds »

I can get it to happen every time. Not like the picture here but similar. All I have to do is switch to the styles page then back again. I suspect this depends on the graphic card. Mine is a new ibook 1.4.

The only way to stop it is to switch it off.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

pds wrote:I can get it to happen every time. Not like the picture here but similar. All I have to do is switch to the styles page then back again. I suspect this depends on the graphic card. Mine is a new ibook 1.4.

The only way to stop it is to switch it off.
Mine does it when I switch to "styles" view and then back, but what happens is that some of the styles view doesn't get redrawn on the screen, and so there it is in the left corner of my screen, like a gym sock.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Just got it to happen again. Opened a file this morning. Came back several hours later. Ruler issue. It's almost as if the app just needs to be open for a while.
seitanguy

Post by seitanguy »

I have ALWAYS had this problem, so I downloaded SnapzPro to take a screencast of it and IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Don't reboot often, but just installed the security update. Maybe that's why it stopped? In any case, I'll keep snapzpro around.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

I've been fighting with it all day. Had to switch back to *shudder* Word.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

We've never been able to reproduce this problem ourselves, but we're working with some of our helpful users to see that this issue is fixed. I expect we'll have it resolved in time for our next free upgrade.