how to move around in document? problem with Find...

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
peridot

how to move around in document? problem with Find...

Post by peridot »

I can't find a "go to page" anywhere....does it exist?

Also when I try to find a word I *know" exists, find tells me that it doesn't exist...

I'm running Tiger and using a document converted from Classic Nisus...
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: how to move around in document? problem with Find...

Post by martin »

peridot wrote:I can't find a "go to page" anywhere....does it exist?
Sorry, but we don't have this right now.
peridot wrote:Also when I try to find a word I *know" exists, find tells me that it doesn't exist...

I'm running Tiger and using a document converted from Classic Nisus...
Are you sure your search options are not configured improperly (eg: "match case", "whole word", etc)? Have you actually seen the text you are searching for? If so, send the file to expressfeedback@nisus.com, along with instructions on which word to search for.
gemboy27

and

Post by gemboy27 »

I would add that you take a word and copy it, then paste it into the find. I've noticed that sometimes I will look for

Page and not find page (because I have clicked match case)

or maybe I will look for a dash, but I really should be looking for option dash.

take care
Gem*Boy
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
peridot

Post by peridot »

Thank you. The dilemma is that I'm working with a long manuscript and can't copy the word I'm looking for because it's elsewhere in the document. Locating it is the reason I'm doing the "find" in the first place. I did double check to see if "match case" etc were checked or unchecked. Still didn't help....

Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your reply.
SteveSamuels

how to move around in document? problem with Find.

Post by SteveSamuels »

To make sure the word is there, open Text Wranger (free) or BBEdit to a new document and copy and past the entire NWE document into this second document. . Don't worry about formatting. Use the find command in the new program. Let us know what happens!

Steve

[/i]
peridot

problem solved

Post by peridot »

I spoke with George at Nisus...he said that most likely there was a temporary bug..."Find" now works fine...Quitting the program & going back cleared the problem...

Also, there's no "go to page" function in Nisus Express...you need to scroll down and keep an eye on the page meter in the lower left of the Nisus Express doc...

Steve, thanks for the tip...Hope this info helps someone else...