NWE 2.6 Character-->Family Bug

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
cgc

NWE 2.6 Character-->Family Bug

Post by cgc »

There's been a bug in NWE for quite a few revisions involving the Font Family listview in the Character palette. The screenshot I've attached shows my problem: no up/down or scroll arrow on the side of the listview. this makes it difficult to pick a font :) Luckily, I can use my scroll wheel on my mouse, but this is still a nuisance.

BTW, using Tiger 10.4.4 and NWE 2.6. Thanks.

gemboy27

different approach

Post by gemboy27 »

I have the Character Pallette in a custom pallette group and don't seem to have that problem

g5 intel 10.4.5
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
cgc

Post by cgc »

I set up a custom palette and added the font family thing to it. That works but it uses a pulldown gadget instead of the listview one.

Edit: you're right, when I expand that newly created character palette it has the scrollbar and up/down arrows. It's the stock one that's messed up.

Edit2: Ahhh...and if I expand the stock palette, it too looks "normal" and has scrollbar and up/down arrows. Why then does it look wrong upon startup? Weird. Thanks.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

I believe this will be fixed in the next version.

As a temporary measure, do you see the two faint horizontal lines at the bottom of the palette? If you drag those upward, the palette will change shape and, at a certain point, the Family field will change form. Does that help you for the time being?

--Craig
cgc

Post by cgc »

cchapin wrote:I believe this will be fixed in the next version.

As a temporary measure, do you see the two faint horizontal lines at the bottom of the palette? If you drag those upward, the palette will change shape and, at a certain point, the Family field will change form. Does that help you for the time being?

--Craig

Yup, that did the trick, but it's still annoying. The funny thing is, if you create a character palette in a new pane, it will be created using the pull-down gadget and expand to the listview if the palette is expanded. Be nice if it would return to a cycle if the window were whrunk rather than make the scrollbar and arrows vanish.

Thanks again.