find and replace font

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
soliphint

find and replace font

Post by soliphint »

I am trying to figure out how to regularize my English fonts in a document, without changing the other languages in it. Right now the English fonts are either Arial or Times NR. I would like to change them all to TNR.
Mark XM

Re: find and replace font

Post by Mark XM »

soliphint wrote:I am trying to figure out how to regularize my English fonts in a document, without changing the other languages in it. Right now the English fonts are either Arial or Times NR. I would like to change them all to TNR.
Will it not do the trick to simply select all and then select TNR in the font palette? I have done that many times in the past when there was a problem with NWE using the system "Lucida Grande" rather than my default "Times" when opening a .doc produced under Chinese Windows with fonts not available in OS-X. The parts of the documents in Chinese remained in Chinese without problem.

Mark
Mark XM

Re: find and replace font

Post by Mark XM »

soliphint wrote:I am trying to figure out how to regularize my English fonts in a document, without changing the other languages in it. Right now the English fonts are either Arial or Times NR. I would like to change them all to TNR.
Will it not do the trick to simply select all and then select TNR in the font palette? I have done that many times in the past when there was a problem with NWE using the system "Lucida Grande" rather than my default "Times" when opening a .doc produced under Chinese Windows with fonts not available in OS-X. The parts of the documents in Chinese remained in Chinese without problem.

Mark
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

Depending how your document is set up, this might or might not work.

1. Click in a bit of Arial text.
2. If you see the symbol a in the status bar, click it, choose Select All.
3. Change the font to Times New Roman.

This won't catch bits that have other font attributes changed (italic, bold, size, etc.), but if you haven't made too many changes, this should simplify your work.

--Craig