3.0 Feature Request List

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
jeffisme

need comments

Post by jeffisme »

I often find myself switching between word processing programs, but lately I have to admit to sticking with Pages in large part because of the Comments feature. I rely on it heavily for my writing. It's a great feature. I wish Nisus had it.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Wow. I hadn't noticed that Pages did comments now. Do they transfer to Word?
mrennie

Post by mrennie »

midwinter wrote:Wow. I hadn't noticed that Pages did comments now. Do they transfer to Word?
They do. And vice-versa, too.
Jzents

Post by Jzents »

midwinter wrote:Wow. I hadn't noticed that Pages did comments now. Do they transfer to Word?
Yup, and the comments you make in Word will come back into pages. Cheers!
Jeffrey Zents
jzents@mac.com
robertb

Post by robertb »

A nice addition: key strokes for all the submenu choices.

For example, in the "don't save," "cancel," and "save" menu, you can use key strokes for two of the choices--cancel (cmd .) and save (enter, since it's highlighted).

There's no key stroke for "don't save."

My wish for 3.0 is a key stroke (maybe press the letter d) to select that command.

Happy keyboarding.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

robertb wrote:There's no key stroke for "don't save."
Command-D should do what you want. Or, since the "Don't Save" button is circled in blue, you could press the spacebar.

--Craig
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

cchapin wrote:
robertb wrote:There's no key stroke for "don't save."
Command-D should do what you want. Or, since the "Don't Save" button is circled in blue, you could press the spacebar.
Just to elaborate, Cmd-D does this in most modern Mac OS X applications.
TimL

Post by TimL »

Been a while since the last major update, eh? Have there been any rough estimates on expected releases?
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

TimL wrote:Been a while since the last major update, eh? Have there been any rough estimates on expected releases?
I predict that, in Netscape-like fashion, NWE will skip 3.0 all together and go straight to version 4.0.
Mark XM

Post by Mark XM »

TimL wrote:Been a while since the last major update, eh? Have there been any rough estimates on expected releases?
Not that long ... it's just that we got so used to having beta updates flying thick and fast over most of this year.
I reckon the guys at Nisus are sitting there scratching their heads, wondering which on earth of all the conflicting requests there have been from us ... in this particular thread not least ... they should work on implementing next!
But I too look forward to the next major update.
Mark