Changes in 1.0b7 (preview 3)?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
ncianca

Changes in 1.0b7 (preview 3)?

Post by ncianca »

Just wondering what are the changes/fixes in this verison (1.0b7)? I don't see them listed anywhere. Can I suggest that you incorporate the list of changes in the Read Me you include with the beta's?
ah

Continuous section break

Post by ah »

In beta 3 (1.0b7) the continuous section break command is gone. It would be a help if this could be added in the final version, again, because this command makes it possible to change the number of columns in one page.
ah

Re: Changes in 1.0b7 (preview 3)?

Post by ah »

ncianca wrote:Just wondering what are the changes/fixes in this verison (1.0b7)? I don't see them listed anywhere. Can I suggest that you incorporate the list of changes in the Read Me you include with the beta's?
For changes have a look at:

http://www.nisus.com/products/NisusWrit ... enotes.php

and

http://www.nisus.com/free/knownissues.php
JBL

Post by JBL »

Those look like the changes from the first to the second public beta. What about the second to the third?
ncianca

Re: Changes in 1.0b7 (preview 3)?

Post by ncianca »

ah wrote: For changes have a look at:

http://www.nisus.com/products/NisusWrit ... enotes.php
Keep in mind that this lists all changes since the first beta. What has changed since public beta 3 (1.0b4 to 1.0b7)? It would help to know as we can also test against that list of things that have changed.
Q

Difference?

Post by Q »

I cannot recognize any improvement in beta 3, except document manager. (Do we need it?)

I reported a bug really months ago that I cannot delete words in korean when I enter 'delete' key.

Is it only problem in using Korean? Any Japanese has the same problem? Or fixed?
ncianca

changes in b7 broke my docs

Post by ncianca »

I'd really like to know what else has changed in 1.0b7. The changes, especially the loss of continous section break (a huge step backwards) has broken a bunch of my documents -- which makes me hesitant to do anything else without knowing what changes have been made.

Also, I don't appreciate the fact that you (Nisus) release a new beta version after the expiration of the existing one, and then the release has the feeling of "Oh, the beta expired, quick make a new build and put it up on the web".

This causes all kinds of problems for your users. In the future please release beta's with several days of lead time before the current one expires. This way if you make drastic changes, such as removing the continous section break, we can still print out our documents using the existing beta rather then being forced to do everything over in Word.

I would also suggest that you release updates more frequently then once a month. And most definitely include a list of what has changed with each release.

thank you.