Famous NWE users

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
mrennie

Famous NWE users

Post by mrennie »

I know this is not really a technological topic, but I thought I'd post anyway. I've just bought Michael Chabon's latest novel, The Yiddish Policemen's Union. Some of you may already be familiar with his work; if you're not, you can read about it on Wikipedia. Anyway, when I had a look at the final section ("Author's Note"), I came across the following line: "This novel was written on Macintosh computers using Devonthink Pro and Nisus Writer Express."
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

That's flawless. Michael Chabon is a great writer who consistently writes great stuff. That he does it on Nisus products only testifies to his great taste in word processors and to Nisus Writer's usability as a writer's tool.
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3
r-sparks

Re: Famous NWE users

Post by r-sparks »

mrennie wrote:I know this is not really a technological topic, but I thought I'd post anyway. I've just bought Michael Chabon's latest novel, The Yiddish Policemen's Union. Some of you may already be familiar with his work; if you're not, you can read about it on Wikipedia. Anyway, when I had a look at the final section ("Author's Note"), I came across the following line: "This novel was written on Macintosh computers using Devonthink Pro and Nisus Writer Express."
I'm a professional (and published) author and I use Nisus Express for everything I do. It was perfect for my needs. It does everything I want, and a little bit more. In fact, I'd recommend it to any author above the usual suspect of Microsoft Word.

I also use Devonthink too! It's an excellent tool for filing away clippings and pictures from websites. Just select and drag to the Devonthink window. It's not as clever as they make it out to be, but as a kind of virtual scrapbook it's pretty good.
rz

Post by rz »

As an alternative, Littlesecrets is also pretty good - and costs just a fraction ($9) of what Devonthink costs:

http://www.mani.de/en/software/macosx/l ... index.html