Abbreviations by Typeit4Me

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
lellius

Abbreviations by Typeit4Me

Post by lellius »

Why doesn’t Nisus accept the abbreviations by Typeit4Me, which I am using (but not with Nisus) since the past century, and in my humble opinion are very efficient and easy to control?
Suppose, for instance, i want to write
()
with the pointer come back, inside the brackets, like
(|)
Is there any solution by Nisus which can perform it?
[Just to not forget the closed parenthesis]
Thanks
lellius
Bob Stern

Re: Abbreviations by Typeit4Me

Post by Bob Stern »

I don’t think you can blame Nisus because Typinator works flawlessly.

I suggest you contact the TypeIt4Me developer, Riccardo Ettore. In the past he has been able to troubleshoot similar compatibility issues.

(I mention a competing product with great reluctance, and apologies to Riccardo, because he is a very friendly, generous person.)
Þorvarður

Post by Þorvarður »

Why doesn’t Nisus accept the abbreviations by Typeit4Me
I don't know the exact reason, but because of this incompatibility I switched to Typinator which works flawlessly with Nisus.
However, TypeIt4Me works on my old MacBook Pro 2010 if I press the fn key each time after the trigger. I don't know whether this applies to other Mac types as well. Check it out.

Regarding () and getting the insertion point inside, you can do this with a simple macro:

Type Text "( ) "
Find " ", 'er'
Find " ", 'er'

When you are finished writing your text inside the brackets, you can press ctrl and e to quickly jump outside the bracket – or rather, to the end of the paragraph.
Last edited by Þorvarður on 2023-11-16 09:51:58, edited 2 times in total.
lellius

Post by lellius »

Hello Þorvarður
Thanks so much
Your macro so simple and works very well.
lellius
lellius

Post by lellius »

Anyway, the problem - I think - is actually Nisus. Typeit4Me works very well and consistently with all my applications, except precisely with Nisus and only with Nisus.
I tried Typinator. for a while it did works with Nisus, but then suddenly it stopped.
Should then Nisus troubleshoot ?
lellius